Saturday, January 5, 2019

2018 Recap

The year 2018 went like a wind. As more I age, the time would go faster. Many changes and new happened. I traveled to a new continent called Europe, shifted my career, and became physically and mentally stronger.  

Traveling to Europe for the First Time: I went to Paris, France, Switzerland, and Monte Carlo. Seeing the REAL widely-known places such as Effiel Tower, Louver Museum, Jungfraujoch - Top of Europe, Palace of Monte Carlo, etc. was amazing. I loved European food croissant in France and milk in Switzerland were unforgettable. I learned the history of art, royals, and nature of Europe. Travel is not only to play, but also to increase more knowledge. I'd love to come back to Europe again and continue to explore more countries.
Image may contain: Xiaoxi Mei, smiling, sky and outdoor




Image may contain: Xiaoxi Mei, smiling, standing and sky

Image may contain: Xiaoxi Mei, smiling, standing, sky and outdoor


Shifting Career: I went from working for accounting firms and conducting external accounting to a private firm and performing internal accounting. Although the tasks did not change much, I feel much less stressful. 





Achieving 10-Mile-Run: 10 miles was the farthest I ever run in my life. I was scared that whether I can make to that far or not. I usually run about 3 - 6 miles and call it good. However, I decided to take the risk. "If it does not challenge you, I can't change you!" Thanks for all my friends for encouragement and tips. I am glad I did and it was not as hard as I expected. I felt awesome when I finished it. 
Image may contain: 3 people, including Erica Roberts and Xiaoxi Mei, people smiling, people standing and outdoor

Becoming Mentally Stronger: I have been practicing gratitude and optimism for years. But I still had the panic attack and negative thoughts here and there due. By the end of 2018, I am finally able to fully recover from anxiety and depression. It is not like the stress and problem don't exist, anymore; I know how to live with all the good and bad thing I am dealing with. 



I am very proud of myself what I became in 2018. For 2019, I wish I will be more capable of doing tasks and become mentally and physically even stronger. 

No comments:

Post a Comment