Friday, April 1, 2022

APRIL FOOL JOKE POST: 2022 (NEW) YEAR AND 33RD BIRTHDAY REMINDER: DON'T WAIT!!

Is it too late for a post about the year and birthday? Come on! We are a quarter way into the year, and my birthday was in February and now it is APRIL. 

I meant to post something on the New Year, but the holiday celebration and work got in the way. As an accountant, the beginning of the year is extremely busy because there is so much to do to close the year. Then I postponed the post till my birthday and the Lunar New Year; however, I had to get the tax and audit materials ready at work. After that, I started to do my own taxes. Keep delaying..... I realized might be TOO LATE to post anything now. Should I just skip this year? 

Well, this morning, I realized today is April Fool! Since it is acceptable to lie and pull pranks, today, why not a New Year / Birthday Post? 

Since 2018, I stopped making a list of new year resolutions because they are hard to keep and even remember them. From 2018 to 2020, I decided to only have one to two major goals for the year, and I liked that way. Some goals I had to extend to the following year(s), for example, one of the goals I made in 2018 was not complete till 2021! Then starting in 2021, I changed to one simple reminder phrase for the year! 2021 was: Living in the Present!

Reminder 2022: Don't Wait

After going through two years of pandemics, with all those sudden death of people, canceled events, travel restrictions, lockdowns, etc.,  my view towards life changed significantly. Looking back on my life, I waited too long and wasted so much time waiting for the perfect moment to travel, achieve my goals, do the thing I always want, etc. I always thought: I can do it tomorrow, next week, next month, next year... There are should be another chance. I began to think, if I can go back to 2019, will I tell myself: "It can wait, I can do that next year?"  DEFINITELY NOT! WHY WAIT? WHY NOT DO IT NOW?


For 2022 and beyond, DON'T WAIT for anything:

-Don't wait for traveling to somewhere new!
-Don't wait for getting into shape!
-Don't wait for taking the opportunity!
-Don't wait for achieving my goals!
-Don't wait for being HAPPY!

No comments:

Post a Comment