Saturday, December 23, 2017

2017 Review

2017 went by like a wind. I "thought" 2017 had nothing special, and I did not accomplish anything. Well, thanks to Facebook, it reminded me the following highlights of 2017. 

1. Passing Credential Exams: 
I earned three credentials this year: CAPM (Certified Associated with Project Management), Investment Foundation Certificate, and CSSGB(Certified Six Sigma Green Belt). I have a list of credentials I plan to obtain after MBA, now three down, and I plan to get at least one more in 2018. Not having a summer break in 2017 was worth it because of these certificates. 

2. Participating in Races
When I was a senior in college, I found my interest in running. When I first started running because I had to lose weight, I hated it. However, I suddenly fell in love with it because it helped me clear my mind and release my stress. Ever since then I enjoy being a runner. I hesitated to run with other people at first because I don't want to get the pressure of competing, but later I realized, I don't have to compete to participate in a race. I was so surprised that I won the first place in my age division (25-29) in one of the cross country 5K, this year. I plan to run longer and more challenging races in 2018. 

3. Reuniting with High School Classmates
High School Reunion was a big highlight, this year. Catching up with classmates and getting to know them over again after 10 years was amazing. Since I already wrote a post, I am not going to mention a lot in here. Please click the link if you are interested.  

4. Donating Blood


Donating blood was scary at first, but I am proud of myself to overcame the fear and saved other people's lives. Since I wrote a post, I am not I already wrote a post, I am not going to mention a lot in here. Please click the link if you are interested in learning the statistics, benefits, and process of donating blood.

5. Participating in Toastmaster
I was a member of Toastmaster from October 2016 to October 2017. I gave at least ten speeches this year. Due to the difficulty of balancing studying for credentials, work, and other personal commitments with Toastmaster, I had to pause my participation; however, I do plan to start back again.  

No comments:

Post a Comment