Tuesday, February 27, 2018

29 Messages/Advices to Teenage/Early 20s Self

I am old! Well, people still think I am in college or even high school!? Asians never age and I have a baby face and young mind! 
Thanks for all the birthday wishes from ALL OVER the world in THEIR OWN LANGUAGES!! I had two cakes this year!! 

Here are some lessons/facts/advises I wished I knew when I was a teenager and in the early 20s (what I actually look like)

1. Don't Be Afraid to Make Mistakes. Better to make mistakes earlier than later.
2. You are Never Too Old for Anything. MANY people return to school in their 30s, 40s, and even 50s to learn something new. 
3. Stop Listen to Others All the Time. Listen to YOUR heart and TRUST your instincts!
4. List Blessings. When you have 100 things to be sad, list 1,000 things to be happy. 
5. Treat Yourself Once a While. Don't burn yourself to death. You DESERVE to breathe. 
6. Speak Up Your Thoughts. NOBODY is a mindreader. If you want to be understood, speak up is the ONLY way!
7. You CANNOT Always Get What You Want. Could be a job, part, lover, etc. As long as you tried, sometimes just let it go!
8. The Biggest Enemy is Yourself, NOT the People Bring You Down. IGNORE those people and cut them OUT from your life if you can! They have their "judgment" to say, but still YOUR decision to "listen." 
9. You Only Live Once and Life is Short. If you want to do something, JUST DO IT. Don't let anyone/anything stop you!
10. If Something Would not Matter in Five Year, Do Not Spend More Than Five Minutes Thinking About It. Enough said! Just let it go!
11. Grades are NOT Everything. Don't let bad grades bring you down or being overconfident with good grades. There are many other factors such other personality, networking, health, etc. to have a "successful" and "happy" life. 
12. Go and Meet More People, Do Not Be Shy. I like to socialize, but I am very shy due to my language barrier. Remember if they laugh at you, it is their problem, not yours. 
13. Friends Come and Go. Some friends might go, but there will be new friends. In the end, ONLY the TRUE friends will always stay with you. 
14. Develop Hobbies. You need something destress. You should not be studying and working all the time. The more hobbies you have, the LESS LIKELY you will have depression 
15. Be Bold to Date. I was (am) a shy person and talking to boys was (is) hard for me. Later, I realized, what is the worse can happen? He will say "no," and you two "don't work out."  
16. Read and Write More. Read a good book and write out your thoughts can help you de-stress and look at the world differently and realizing nothing is the end of the world. Your mind is what you read.
17. Have (Contingent) Plan(S). Although life is always UNPREDICTABLE, still need a plan for everything we do. Not just a plan, contingency plans are NECESSARY. 
18. Never Too Early to Learn How to Manage Your Finance. Never knew how important finance is! If I learned finance earlier, I have saved more money, not wasted any money, and developed the skill to negotiate and find cheaper options. 
19. Be Physically Active is Fun: I might be very active now, but I was lazy and overweight when I was a teenager. I hated exercise, but encouragement and motivation from instructors changed my view of exercising. I began enjoy working out. Now, my lifestyle is completely changed
20. Develop the Habit of Going to Bed Early and Waking Up Early. Never knew how helpful this is! Your mind the most efficient in the morning. Staying up late would not accomplish anything. It is better to finish in the morning. I try to wake up a few hours earlier than other people and get the DIFFICULT and IMPORTANT tasks down, first, so in case something happens later the day, I don't have to worry. 
21. Stop Comparing Yourself to Others. You are special in your OWN way! Everyone has DIFFERENT timeline and talents. 
22. Dress Neatly and Nicely. You will be more likely land the job and make more friends if you dress well. I understand that appearance is NOT everything, but the way you dress defines your personality and intellectuality.  
23. It is Okay to Have Dream. Dream big, don't let the doubts kill your dreams. Doubts kill more dreams than failures. 
24. Families are Important. No matter how busy you are, always think about the family, FIRST. They are the people will stay with you for as long as you live, not your career. 
25. If you Having an Identify Crisis, Get Identify Capital and/or Create Yourself. Like list your interests, hobbies, skills, and/or go to school to study what you like and always wanted to do!
26. Control Your Fate. I usually let fate decide where I am going, but unless it is something I cannot control, don't every let fate control me again. I have the right pursue what I want. 
27. Music Will Always Be There to Save Your Life. Family and friends are there with when you need them, but they are not available 24/7. If you need an immediate pickup, have a motivational song playlist ready wherever you go. Here is: Mine
28. Understand Your Values: Don't ever undersell yourself! You are unique, and your skill/personality/character are irreplaceable
29. Don't Live in the Past, Keep Moving Forward. Your past does NOT define your future. Future successes usually come past failures! 

I hope you will find this helpful and GOOD LUCK!!

PS. Can you guess what were my three wishes?

No comments:

Post a Comment