However, for this year, I decided not making any resolutions because I could never keep them, and most of resolutions were the same as the year before. I did some problem and solution analysis for my old new year's resolutions.
1) My resolutions were TOO many. There was NO way I could achieve 20 or more resolutions within a year.
2) I only MADE resolutions, but I never CONSIDERED HOW I could achieve them.
1) I condensed my resolutions by combining and grouping several things together.
2) I planned my ways for achieve them. If the resolution is NOT achievable, it is pointless to make it.
Therefore, this year, I am doing something different. Instead of having 20 or more resolutions, I made five strategic goals that must-be accomplished this year.
1. Build Better Body Shape and Stay Healthy
- Lose 10 to 15lb.
- Be better on flexibility and balance and able to lift heavier weights
- Eat healthy food
- Go to the gym 4 to 5 times for intense cardio, and attend at least one weight training and yoga classes a week .
- Eat a lot of fresh fruits and raw vegetables.
- Become better at writing essays
- Achieve higher GRE score
- Learn how to market myself
- Study at least 4 hours and memorize at least 10 new vocabularies everyday, review math formulas, and take a lot of practice tests.
- Practice writing cover letter and resume, attend job fairs, keep update blog and Linked-In regularly.
- Have my room organized
- Keep all of my belonging cleaned
- Make sure my writings are free from mistakes
- Do weekly duties for organizing my room and belongings.
- Check my writings before I submit, send, or publish.
- Do some volunteer work
- Hang out with friends
- Participate in community based activities
- Volunteer at Cash Oregon during tax season and Blanchet House during holiday season.
- Keep in touch with my friends regularly. Pay attention to the activities of the local community.
- Become better at baking, blogging, photography, fashion, and craft
- Improve my piano skills and memorize several songs
- Watch more movies and read more books
- Make about one hour each day to perform one of my passionate things and/or practice piano.
- Watch two to three good movies a week.
GOAL FOR THE YEAR -- "BE BETTER ON TIME MANAGEMENT"
How simple that is!! I am tired of breaking my resolutions. It would be easier to achieve one goal than 20 resolutions, wouldn't it?