Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011 Review

I can't believe 2011 is over. The year went super fast. I still remember how I spend my last new year. It was just like yesterday. Although I feel last year was short, there are SO MANY memorable moments. 2011 was one of the special years in my life. I hope it was for you, too. I'd like to remember it. I am looking forward for more funs, excitements, improvements, and successes in 2012. 

1. Visited New York City and Boston





It was my first time traveling to East Side of America. Both places were AMAZING!! They are very different compared to Portland Oregon. The building structures were filled history; street views were very unique; food was delicious with big portion; people looked very smart; everything was expensive. Thanks Jiajia for traveling with me. I am glad that I met Yang Jing and Yanzi. Also thanks Conrad for giving us tour when we visited BU. The trip was very short because it was only a week. There are many places I want to visit and visit again in both places. I will definitely come back!! I hope that will be very soon.

2. Graduated from College


 
  

Graduation was the most exciting moment in 2011. It was the main highlight of this year. I will never forget that moment. When I started college four years ago, I thought the graduation was far away in the future, but it was not. Four years of college was splendid. I grew up a lot from gaining knowledge, meeting people, and developing myself. Throughout the four years, I learned more about myself and the real world. I'd like to thank Portland State University for giving me the opportunity for better education and self-improvement. Now, I miss college already.

3. Reconnected with High School Friends and Made More College Friends

 

It was nice to be connect again with friends from high school. When I was in high school, I did not know how to speak English, so I was sad that my communication with them was limited. Reunions gave me a second chance. It was funny that I got know more people from high school after I graduated. I am also happy that I made more friends in college. Friends made my college life more joyful. Thank you very much, my friends. I feel lucky to have you all. I used to be very shy, but I have changed because you gave me confidence.

4. Became Addicted to Baking, Blogging, and Fashion


I was inspired by all the food and fashion bloggers around the world. I loved getting recipes and fashion tips from them. My inspiration from those bloggers was also the reason of I started this blog. I hope I can inspire other people, too. Blogging was fun. Additionally, it helped practice my writing.

I baked a lot of different kinds of treats for the past year. Followings are some of my family's favorites.


     

 

Following outfits are some of my favorite tops, dresses, jeans, scarfs, and sweaters I wore for the past year.



Besides all of the great moments, 2011 was also a tough year. However, I worked hard to accomplish as best as I can. I believe difficult times would go as the year ends, and only the good times will stay with me forever. It's time to move on.

Lastly, I'd like to thank my mother for being my wonderful baking assistant, blog reader, and fashion reference. 

Happy New Year!!

 2012 will be awesome!!

6 comments:

  1. I wish you have a wonderful 2012!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! Thanks for the share and have a great 2012 !

    -Don

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a really good year! I've always wanted to go to NY, that must have been very fun and different compared to the west coast. 2012 will be even bigger and better yay!

    ~Phuong Nam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice write-up and pictures :) Glad you had such a great year and I hope it keeps on getting better =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone for commenting my blog. You made my year special.

    New York City and Boston were great places to visit. I was only there for a short amount of time, and the weather was not the best. I wish I can visit there again when I have more time and the weather is better than last time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this blog! Great work, Xiaoxi. I look forward to reading your future posts. :)

    ReplyDelete