To all the people who graduated this year, this is a little message from me.
1. From now on, find own time to study. There is no more BOOKED class time because it is no longer like in school. Make time to study could hard in the post grad life. Depends on each person's situation and work requirements, study/classes might not be the priority, anymore.
2. Life is no longer interesting after graduation. When work starts, life is not fun like in college. Most jobs has same routines everyday. People go to the same place, see the same people, and perform the same tasks everyday could be become boring at some point.
3. Lessons are no longer only come from books and there is no definite grade. This is the toughest change I went though. As a student, I tended to only rely the facts from books and a definite grade to evaluate my performance. Reality is not like the books, and everything can not be easily evaluated as A, B, or C. I am still trying to adapt to this concept. It will take sometime to get use to.
4. A lot of things became self taught. Most bosses and older employees usually do not like teaching the new employees. They would not willing to spoon feed the tasks. New employee must to find their own way to learn the work-related things.
5. Mistakes are not directly mentioned. Some bosses hope their co-workers will notice mistakes on themselves instead of telling them to fix. They are not like professors, sometimes they don't point the mistakes out directly. People have to be more carefully and organized at the work.
All in all, post grad life was tough for me, but those hard times helped me grow and learn. Besides the life lessons, I learned the the word roots of graduation -"grad" means step up. After graduation is like one step up from student life.