Friday, August 3, 2012

Summer To Do List Part 3: Get in Shape!! 10 Fun Tips

It's summer is here!! It is time to get in shape!! Losing weight has been my every summer's To Do List. I did lose some weight every year. I have a lot of bitter sweet memories for weight loss. I laugh and cry when I am dieting. Recent years, I found that dieting is no longer stressful, and it is actually fun to do. 


Exercise Tips


1. Walk, walk, and walk: Walking is the easiest, finest and most affordable way to exercise. If you can choose from driving and walking, choose walking or even biking. The weather is very beautiful during summer, so I strongly recommend everyone to walk after meal(especially after dinner). Take a walk during a date would be very romantic, too. 
2. Choose the favorite exercise: In order to not to hate exercising, doing the most enjoyable exercise is important. Some people like to swim, and some people like to play. For me, I like to run. I feel running can help me release my stress. To succeed in exercising is to find the joyfulness in the work out. 
3. Use music (or anything else) to get motivation:  The key to enjoy the work out is "motivation." People get motivated by different things. I usually get motivated by music. 
4. Have a partner or get into a group: Some people might prefer to workout by themselves, but for me, I like to do a group fitness. I go to fitness classes in the gym sometimes. Having people exercise together can help each other reach their target goal. 


Eating Tips


5. Eat in moderation, and don't deprive from anything: When I started dieting, I tried to away from all of my favorite sweets. It was very cruel to me, and I made myself stressed out. Once a while I allowed myself indulge, I ate more sweets than before I start to diet, and I gain more weight. Later I learned to I did not have to deprive myself from those sweets, I just eat in moderation. Instead two cookies a day, I only eat one. Instead of eating the entire doughnuts, I only eat a half of it. I also learned to share sweets with my family and friends. 
6. Drink a lot of water: There are a lot healthy benefits with drinking water. Along with all the good benefits, it also helps prevent overeating. I drink at least 3 cups of water during a meal. One cup before, one cup during, and one cup after the meal. I feel super full every time, so I would never overeat. 
7. Eat a good breakfast: Please do not skip breakfast!! This will cause overeating lunch and dinner. They will help gain a lot of weight. It's OK to overeat on breakfast because most food we ate on breakfast will be digested in the day. I found out that breakfast is the best time to indulge myself. Sugar can motivate people throughout the day. It helps increasing the daily productivity in work, it could lead to loss more weight. 
8. Eating healthy is enjoyable!! Come on, eating fresh fruits and vegetables are not that bad. They are delicious like meats and sweets. I enjoy eating salads as much as I enjoy eating cookies. 


General Tips


9. Don't think it as weight loss: It was a big mistake to think as a "weight loss." Don't only focus on the weight too much. Weight is just a number. Think it is like "Muscle Building," "Stay in Fit," etc. There are a lot of better ways to describe it. 
10. Like yourself and have fun!! I used to hate myself for being overweight and fail to lose weight, but I realize no one should hate themselves no matter what. If people can have fun exercising and eating healthy, get in shape for summer is not painful at all.


Good Luck and Enjoy!!



No comments:

Post a Comment