Tips for making the PERFECT sugar cookie.
-Measure the ingredients precisely. I recommend to weight the dry ingredients instead of using measure cups.
-Use the good quality butter and pure extracts. Most of the flavor comes from those two ingredients.
-Roll out the dough to the even thickness, so part of the cookie will not look darker than the other.
-Constantly scrape the sides of the bowl to make sure the all the ingredients are completely mixed.
1 cup (227g) of butter (room temperature)
1 cup (200g) of sugar
*1 teaspoon of vanilla
3 cups (390g) of flour
**1/4 teaspoon of salt
*I like vanilla flavored sugar cookies, however you can substitute any extracts. Sometimes I use almond as well.
**I usually use unsalted butter, so I add it, but if you used salted butter, omit it.
- Cream the butter and sugar together
- Add an egg and vanilla
- Gradually add the flour and make the dough come together
- Divide the dough into two to three parts and wrap in the plastic
- Chill the dough in the fridge for at least an hour to overnight
- Roll out the dough into 1/4 inch thickness
- Shape the dough using cookie cutters (Be creative!!)
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until the edges turned brown.