Wednesday, December 19, 2012

My Favorite Sugar Cookie Recipe

I like cookies, and I love to bake cookies. First time I started to bake, there were trials of errors and I made the kitchen very messy. The more I bake, the better I become. There are various kinds of sugar recipe, and this one is my favorite. Sometimes, I found sugar cookies that are too sweet; however, this sugar cookie is perfect on its sweetness. Most importantly, this is cookie made me famous at Southern Oregon University. People loved this cookie regardless of their age, gender, and ethnicity. 

Tips for making the PERFECT sugar cookie. 

-Chill the cookie dough, so it would not lose its shape while it is baking. When the dough its too soft, the cookie will spread. 
-Measure the ingredients precisely. I recommend to weight the dry ingredients instead of using measure cups. 
-Use the good quality butter and pure extracts. Most of the flavor comes from those two ingredients. 
-Roll out the dough to the even thickness, so part of the cookie will not look darker than the other.
-Constantly scrape the sides of the bowl to make sure the all the ingredients are completely mixed. 

Ingredients
1 cup (227g) of butter (room temperature)
1 cup (200g) of sugar
1 egg
*1 teaspoon of vanilla 
3 cups (390g) of flour
**1/4 teaspoon of salt 

*I like vanilla flavored sugar cookies, however you can substitute any extracts. Sometimes I use almond as well.
**I usually use unsalted butter, so I add it, but if you used salted butter, omit it. 
  1. Cream the butter and sugar together
  2. Add an egg and vanilla
  3. Gradually add the flour and make the dough come together
  4. Divide the dough into two to three parts and wrap in the plastic 
  5. Chill the dough in the fridge for at least an hour to overnight
  6. Roll out the dough into 1/4 inch thickness
  7. Shape the dough using cookie cutters  (Be creative!!)
  8. Preheat the oven to 350F
  9. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until the edges turned brown.
You can even package them and send as gifts. Aren't they cute? 
Enjoy!! Decorate them with sprinkles or color your glaze if you want!! Merry Christmas!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment