Friday, January 11, 2013

Winter Break Recap

My winter break flew away. One month was too short for me. I did a lot of plans over the break, so I was booked for everyday. I made every moment account at home. 


1. I spend a lot of of time with my mother: This was my main event for the break. While I was in Ashland, I missed my mom so much. I did not know how the daily stuffs we do was so much fun. We had awesome time cooking, shopping, eating and going to gym together. We even made each other's Christmas present. I enjoyed every moment of it. (Now, I am back in Ashland and missing my mom, already)

2. I watched many GREAT movies: I was glad that there were a lot of fantastic  movies coming out over the holiday. It was cold and rainy outside for the most time, so we decided to stay inside. We saw "Twilight - Breaking Dawn 2," "Life of Pi," "Les Miserable," "Jack Reacher," "Anna Karenina,""Django Unchanged" etc. All the movies were classical, highly rated, and worth to watch. We spent our New Year Eve in the theater. We heard the count down as soon as the movie ended.   

3. I did tons of Zumba and other fitness classes: Since there were no fitness class at the school gym (I had to take as a credit class if I want to take it $$$), I tried to attend as many classes as I can at my local gym. It was nice experience getting back to the classes. Some of them made my muscle sore because I have not done classes for almost three months. 

4. I saw several of my friends from high school and college: I had lunch with several friends from college, and we had interesting conversation about our career and romantic life. I also attended a holiday potluck at my friends' place and we had marvelous time cooking our favorite dish. I even asked my long time no see high school friend for a cup of coffee. It was so nice to see her again, and we had endless chat about last a few years. 

5. I went to Seattle and Mt. Hood: We did not take a long vacation for this winter; we visited local spots.  Even though Seattle and Mt. Hood are only a few hours away,  going to both of them was special because we have not been to those places in YEARS. Instead of traveling far, it was fun to revisit some of the local places. We had good time eating meals, sightseeing, and walking in Seattle and Mt. Hood. 

No comments:

Post a Comment