Sunday, November 24, 2013

Five My Favorite Pumpkin Recipes

October and November ALL about pumpkin. For the last several of falls, I had pumpkin overload. There were pumpkin smoothie, pumpkin latte, pumpkin doughnuts, pumpkin ice cream, pumpkin cheesecake, pumpkin rice pudding etc… I pretty much tasted EVERYTHING in pumpkin flavored….


This fall, I try not get into "pumpkin coma". I will control myself to only limit to these following five recipes 

When I cook pumpkin, I like to make my own puree. I never used the canned pumpkin puree, but that would work as well. HERE is a step by step video demonstrates how to make pumpkin puree. It is easier than you think. 

No. 5 Pumpkin Pancakes
The recipe can be found in HERE

I have eaten so many different kinds of pumpkin food, but I never experienced pumpkin pancakes. This is definitely going to my  pumpkin baking list because we all enjoy tender pancakes. This would be a great breakfast in the crispy fall morning. I can't wait to make them. 

No. 4 Pumpkin Cookies 

The recipe can be found in HERE

When I made these cookies with my friends on halloween two years ago, we had marvelous time. The kitchen turned quite a mess. The texture was like a bread rather than cookie. It is not the prettiest cookie, but they do have the yummy fall flavor. 

No. 3 Pumpkin Roll

The recipe can be found in HERE

First time I had pumpkin roll was in Southern Oregon University's dorm cafe. It was SUPER delicious. Then I found it at my local Wal-Mart store, so I let my family taste it, too. They like it as well. I love the cream cheese filling, which is not too sweet. I hope I can make it someday. I never roll cake, and it look challenging. 

No. 2 Pumpkin Bread
The recipe can be found in HERE

Among all my baked goods, my family likes the quick/sweet bread the best. It is perfect warm, sweet, and soft from the oven. We can eat it as breakfast and/or snack. It can also made into the muffins. This year, we gave several pumpkin muffins out. They all wanted the recipe and thought the muffins were the best gift ever.   

No. 1 Pumpkin Pie
The recipe can be found in HERE

My favorite is definitely the PIE!!  It was the first pumpkin treats I had. Before knowing the pie, I did not like pumpkin, so the it opened my taste buds to all the pumpkin world. I was very nervous when I first baked the pie because it sounded difficult. I did not expect it would turn that great. 

What kind of pumpkin do you like the best? Are you going to make pumpkin pie for thanksgiving? 

No comments:

Post a Comment