Monday, August 18, 2014

Brown Sugar Shortbread (My Mother's Favorite Cookie)

I like to bake and I LOVE to bake something that is my mother's favorite. Among all my treats, she enjoys Brown Sugar Shortbread the most. I baked these for her before I moved to Salem. It was also GREAT HIT from the bake sale I did for fundraising last year. It is quick and simple to make and taste great. This recipe is from Your Homebased Mom
Ingredients:
1 cup of Butter (room temperature)
3/4 cup of Brown Sugar
2 teaspoons of Vanilla Extract (use pure)
2 cups of Flour

Optional:
Melted Chocolate Chip for Dipping
 










Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350F
2. Cream butter and brown sugar together
3. Add vanilla extract
4. Gradually floor until the dough becomes manageable
5. Make two inch logs and place in the baking sheet
6. Bake for 8-10 min until edges turned brown

Enjoy with a cup of tea.

Share with your friends and family; I guarantee they will enjoy them.
You can even sale them in a bake sale, I promise it would be sold out quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment