Instead, I am going to share my pumpkin pie recipe. I love Thanksgiving because I like to cook and of course eat. Last year, I made pumpkin pie for the first time. I made everything from scratch, the pie crust, pie filling and even pumpkin puree.
Actually it is very easy to make. You will need a pumpkin, knife, and baking sheet.
1. Wash the pumpkin
2. Cut it in half
3. Take out the seeds
4. Place the pumpkin face down on a baking sheet
5. Preheat the oven to 350 F
6. Bake for about an hour until the pumpkin is so soft enough for a knife to be easily insert.
7. Use a spoon to scope all the pumpkin out from the skin.
This is a step by step video.
This crust is BEST crust. I absolutely LOVED it. It is kind of tricky, but it is doable.
5. Roll out the dough into a large circle about 9 inch. Make the thickness is even
6. Place the dough on a pie plate.
7. Chill the dough for a bit before baking.
Most of the food I make, the recipe comes from somebody else, but this pie filling is my FIRST own special recipe. I did use others' recipes for guidance though. I think filling is the easiest part to make for the entire pie.