1. Be Organized From the Beginning: If I did not do this, I would waste a lot of time doing it all over again. Plus this could lead to headaches and pains by going back. It was important to make as less mistakes as I can. Sometimes one small error can ruin the entire return, so I have to be very careful.
2. Cross Numbers Off As It Goes: This was important for preparing tax returns. It helps keeping track what is already filled and what is leftover.
3. Use the Binder and Notepads: Although have been using binders and notepads since high school, NOW I finally realized how they can make my life much EASIER. Binder keeps the documents to together, so I would not get mixed up or lose anything. Notepads makes finding the necessary information quicker. They are lifesaver for preparing tax returns.
4. Supervisors are Not Professors: It was a hard transition from having my work reviewed by a professor to a supervisor. Professor would be happy to answer my questions and correct mistakes, but supervisor might not. During the orientation, my boss said: "(my supervisor's name) is not (my professor's name)." This scared me.
5. Ice Cream Brings People Together: There was ice cream Friday every week. It was part of the firm's tradition, and everyone loves it. We had great taking a break from tax returns and social. I learned people like ice cream regardless of their age, gender, and ethnicity. I felt ice cream can make people happy bring people together.