Sunday, February 9, 2014

Basic Truffle Recipes

Since Valentine's Day is coming up, I decided to share my family's favorite truffle recipe.Valentine's Day equals chocolates and candies, right? They are the perfect Valentine Gift. We make those for gift even it is not Valentine's Day, and sometimes we just make for ourselves. This recipe is from my mother.

When it comes to chocolates, I do not eat candy bars from the snack food idle. I like to buy rich and beautiful truffle from stores such as See's Candies. Buying truffle costs a lot money; however, they can be simply made at home with very basic ingredients. After getting taught by my mother, it was easier than I expected. After I mastered truffle making, I do not have to spend extra money on store bought truffles. 
Ingredients
1 Cup of Semi-Sweet/Milk/Bitter Sweet Chocolate Chips (I Used Milk) 
6 TBSP of Butter
1/2 Cup of Apricot Jam or Any Jam 
2 TBSP of Apricot Brandy or Regular Brandy(optional) 

Coating: nuts, powdered sugar, cocoa etc. 

1. Melt the chocolate chips and butter slowly in a bowl over the hot water with low heat. Be careful not to burn the chocolate. 
2. After the chocolate and butter are melted, take out from the heat and cool to room temperature 
3. Add jam and brandy if you like
4. When every thing is well combined, put it in the fridge for more cooling. 
4. As soon as the chocolate got firm and became manageable, take out from the fridge. 
5. Roll it into 2 inch balls (I recommend using a small ice cream scoop to make all the balls into same size). 
5. Coat the truffle with nuts, cocoa, powder, sugar etc.
Suggested additional coating: coconuts, crush candy cane, sprinkles 

There is no better way to spend Valentine's Day making these!! 
Impress your lover and/or family for these on Valentine's Day!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment